How to Download Netflix Movies and TV shows on Mac
Download Netflix TV shows and movies on Mac
- 3 months ago
Netflix is the most popular streaming service that offers a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, anime, documentaries, and more. Netflix offers 4 plans: Basic with ads: ($6.99/month), Basic($9.99/month), Standard($15.49/month) and Premium($19.99/month). The differences are video quality and number of devices you can watch on at the same time and have downloads on.
Netflix allows you to download TV shows and movies from the Netflix app so you can watch them offline.
Netflix allows you to download TV shows and movies on these devices with Netflix app.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later
- Android phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later
- Amazon Fire tablet running Fire OS 4.0 or later
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or newer) or Windows 11 tablet or computer
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models
Apparently Mac is not on the list. Actucally there is no Netflix app for Mac. Netflix is available on Mac computers using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or the Safari browser, which is very inconvenient when you don't have internet connection. Is there a way to download a Netflix movie on Mac and play it through another media player like VLC? Well, here we will show you 4 ways to download Netflix movies and TV shows on Mac.
- Option 1 Run Netflix for iOS on Mac
- Option 2 Download Netflix video with Pazu Netflix Video Downloader
- Option 3 Record Netflix video on Mac with a Screen Recorder
- Option 4 Install Windows on a Mac
Option 1 Run Netflix for iOS on Mac
You can only run iOS apps on your Mac if your computer has an Apple Silicon chip. All Macs manufactured in 2020 and beyond will have an Apple silicon chip (also known as Apple M1). To check if your device is capable, follow these steps below:
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on About this Mac.
- If, under the Chip section, it says Apple M1, then you’re capable of running iOS apps on your computer.
To run Netflix for iOS on a Mac just follow these instructions:
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click on the search field in the App Store, and type in the app you want to download. Keep note that not all iOS apps are available on the Mac Apple Store.
- In the search results, select the iPhone & iPad Apps tab.
- Click the Get button next to the app search result.
- Download it, and you’ll be able to run iOS apps on a Mac!
Option 2 Download Netflix video with Pazu Netflix Video Downloader
What is Pazu Netflix Video Downloader
Pazu Netflix Video Downloader is specially designed for Netflix users to download any movie or TV shows from Netflix to MP4 or MKV format on Mac/Windows with HD quality, multi-language audio tracks and subtitles kept.
Netflix Video Downloader
Download Netflix movies & TV shows to MP4 with HD quality.
- Download movies & TV shows from Netflix.
- Download video in 1080P.
- Preserve audio tracks and subtitles.
- Fast downloading speed.
Download Netflix TV shows and movies on Mac with Pazu Netflix Video Downloader
Step 1. Download, install and launch Pazu Netflix Video Downloader on your Mac or Windows
Log in your Netflix account. Click the key icon and enter your registration code to unlock the full version if you have purchased a registration. If you haven't, go ahead with the free trial version.
Step 2. Search movie/TV shows by name or copy&paste the video url you want to download
Step 3. Choose video format/quality
Click icon to change
- Video format: MP4 or MKV
- Video codec: H264 or H265
- Audio language: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese
- Subtitle language: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese
Step 4. Click Download icon
Click icon to select episodes you want to download. Then click Download.
Option 3 Record Netflix video on Mac with a Screen Recorder
A Screen Recorder allows you to record anything on your computer screen. To record Netflix shows and movies on your Mac you can either use the free screen recording tool in QuickTime Player or other professional screen recording software.
You can watch Netflix on your Mac computer by visiting Netflix.com. Watching on Netflix.com is supported on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari browsers.
To record Netflix video with QuickTime Player on a Mac for free just follow these instructions:
- From your browser, visit netflix.com. Sign in and find the video you want to record.
- Run QuickTime Player and choose File - New Screen Recording from the menu bar.
- Click the Red record button and play the video you want to record.
However, the limitations are obvious:
- It takes a long time to record the while movie or tv show and you can't use your Mac during recording.
- The recorded video quality depends on your internet connection. If your Wifi connection is poor, the video quality will be low.
Option 4 Install Windows Netflix on a Mac
It is a good solution if you want to watch Netflix videos offline on your Mac as you can download shows and movies with Netflix for Windows app.
There are various ways to install Windows on a Mac. Here we recommend VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop. It allows you to install Windows 10 for free on a Mac and then install Netflix for Windows.
VMware Fusion is the easiest way to run Windows on a Mac and the ultimate tool for building apps to run on any platform.
Was this article helpful?
93 out of 132 found this helpful